Background

Sunday, November 14, 2010

HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES

Things have been crazy busy lately and now it's almost Thanksgiving so I thought I should really get going and start updating the blog with October festivities.
We had our annual pumpkin party that all of us look forward to every year. There is always homemade soups, hot scones, chili, hot chocolate, and many yummy desserts. We have a pumpkin carving contest for each family and a hay ride that is even fun for the adults. To top off the fun evening, there is a ghost pinata that all the kids look forward to at the end. My aunt puts so much time and work into this party every year to make it fun and it is definitely a tradition that all of us love.

Then came Halloween. Boston talked about being superman for months before and would have us tie a blanket around his neck like a cape so he could fly around the house "saving" all of us. He wanted to look tough so I went on a hunt looking for a tough superman costume with muscles, which was not an easy task by the way.

Carter has been obsessed with karate lately and has wanted to take lessons and learn more so of course for Halloween he had to be a ninja so he practice his moves all the time. He would watch the new karate kid and this terrible cheesy show called the three ninjas which I really don't recommend, to practice doing the same moves as the movie. I have never been so happy for Halloween to be over to limit the karate. He would make that annoying noise "huh" with every kick. This would go on for most of the day. He would stop for a few minutes when I had had enough but before I new it he was kicking my furniture, the walls or anything else he could find. Boston got really sick of this because he also found himself on the other end of Carters kicks and karate chops. Dan and I have decided to keep our sanity and maybe pass on the karate lessons or he would never stop and I don't know if I would have anything left standing in my house.
Last was my little Jase who was the cutest cow I have ever seen. He was so good in his little costume. I took him to trunk or treat and he sat on the table while I handed candy out. I lost a few handfuls of candy due to slobber and being smashed.
After trunk or treat a photographer in the area was taking free pictures of all the little kids so of coarse I brought them down and had their pictures done. I posted a couple of those but taking a picture of a picture is a little difficult. They turned out so cute and we had a fun night. I love my boys:)

1 comment:

  1. I have a DARLING picture of your little babe from the Parry's party. Hopefully I will see you at Thanksgiving and I can get it to you.

    Your kids look darling, and man, that is a lot of candy!

    ReplyDelete