Background

Sunday, October 3, 2010

AND THEN....A FISH

A while ago I wrote a post about how Carter was scared of the water, deathly afraid actually. I was getting a little frustrated because I wanted him to like swimming and didn't know how to help him. When we lived up north we really didn't take him anywhere where there was water and knew the only way to solve this problem is to go swimming - a lot. Well, we started going to a pool in Lehi and have found it to be a really fun place for all of us. We even get Jase in and he just kicks and smiles, it's so cute.

Carter first started out slow all by himself and before we knew it he was going under water, jumping in and loving every minute. We got him a pair of whale goggles and he loves looking under water and is getting braver every time we go. He also is starting swimming lessons next week which will help even more.

Boston, of coarse being fearless just jumped in from the start. His favorite thing to do is ride on Dans back while Dan swims around the pool. They also have a river there and Boston makes me or Dan take him around and around until our quads are on fire because the pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep in the deepest part so all the adults have to squat or kneel in the more shallow areas. It's quite the leg workout after about 3 hrs of squatting. Here are a few pictures. I will post some of Jase and the rest of us when we go again and are able to take a few more.

1 comment:

  1. That pool looks so awesome. What a fun thing to have by your house. I'm so glad Carter is liking the water more, we are still working with Ben.

    ReplyDelete