Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

CARTER AND BOSTONS BIRTHDAYS

Well I feel like a horrible mom because I am just now putting their birthdays on my blog and they were in NOVEMBER. Life is insane and I am running from the time I get up to the time I go to bed and before I know it, months have gone by. I will try to remember all the details and catch up on things.

Carters birthday is on November 27 and since it is really close and sometimes on Thanksgiving Day, we decided to give Carter his friend party one week early. We have never had a big party for either one of them except for family but Carter has made a ton of friends down here and wanted a friend party so Dan and I thought that would be a great idea ---I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into.

We first let him choose anything he wanted for the theme of his party which he chose a "Phineas and Ferb" party. I thought I would be Susie homemaker and make him a pinata for the party. Now, I have not made a pinata since 3rd grade so my pinata making skills were a bit on the rusty side. Just for the record, Perry the plateaus pinata is not very easy to make. He is square so I couldn't use a balloon. I used two cereal boxes duct tape together. I had no idea the time it would take to make this. I thought it would be so fun and quick to make with the kids --- 3 days later-- I finally finished him. For never having done anything like this before I thought he turned out really cute.
He had invited 13 boys over for the party. Having 3 boys already I thought what's 10 more but chasing 13 boys was quite the challenge. They had so much fun though and his cake turned out so cute as well. Carter loved every bit of it from the paper airplane contest to opening his presents. The pinata made out of cereal boxes surprisingly enough held up quite well.
After 2 hours of craziness and screaming, and I mean screaming I decided that I know why people have birthday parties at other places like chucky cheese and pirate island. What a great idea!! :)

Bostons birthday we thought to just have family since he is still a little and shy around other kids. His birthday is November 25 --I know, I guess we didn't plan so well since they are only 2 days apart but we still have tons of fun with both of their birthdays and give each one their own special day.
We went up to Grandma Kari's house and had the family over. Boston chose to have a "Toy Story 3" birthday. Even though it's all just toy story, to him anything and everything is toy story 3. We had and great time and then stayed over because we are nuts and do the whole "black friday" thing.

I love them both so much and am so happy that they loved their birthdays. Boston will ask me from time to time if we can do it all over again. They are so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment